The core of the conference consists of rigorously peer-reviewed full-length papers reporting on original work. All accepted papers will be published electronically and indexed in PubMed, and the best of these will be presented orally to the entire conference. PSB's publisher, World Scientific Publishing, will initiate submission to PubMed Central (PMC) for accepted papers that must comply with the NIH Public Access Policy. Authors are responsible for ensuring that the manuscript is deposited into the NIHMS upon acceptance for publication. The author must complete all remaining steps in the NIHMS in order for the submission to be accepted.
Authors may post the preprint anywhere at any time, provided it is accompanied by the following applicable acknowledgement ([Journal]=Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing):
- Preprint of an article submitted for consideration in [Journal] © [Year] [copyright World Scientific Publishing Company] [Journal URL]
- Preprint of an article published in [Journal, Volume, Issue, Year, Pages] [Article DOI] © [copyright World Scientific Publishing Company] [Journal URL]
Researchers wishing to present their research without official publication are encouraged to submit a one page abstract by the abstract deadline listed below to present their work in the poster sessions.
Papers must be submitted to the PSB paper management system
The accepted file format is PDF (Adobe Acrobat preferred). Attached files should be named with the last name of the first author (e.g. altman.pdf). Hardcopy submissions or unprocessed TEX or LATEX files or electronic submissions not submitted through the paper management system will be rejected without review.
Each paper must be accompanied by a cover letter. The cover letter should be the first page of your paper submission. The cover letter must state the following:
- The email address of the corresponding author
- The specific PSB session that should review the paper or abstract
- The submitted paper contains original, unpublished results, and is not currently under consideration elsewhere.
- All co-authors concur with the contents of the paper.
Submitted papers are limited to twelve (12) pages (not including the cover letter) in our publication format. Please format your paper according to the instructions below. If figures can not be easily resized and placed precisely in the text, then it should be clear that with appropriate modifications, the total manuscript length would be within the page limit. Color images are accepted for publication at no additional charge.
Contact PSB (psb.hawaii @ gmail.com) for additional information about paper submission requirements.
Formatting instructions and template
Please format your manuscript for standard letter size paper (8.5 by 11 inches).
Specific instructions and templates are provided below: