Call For Papers
Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing 2009
Knowledge-Driven Analysis and Data Integration for High-Throughput Biological Data
The Fairmont Orchid,
The Big Island, Hawaii
January 5-9, 2009
Papers and posters The core of the conference consists of rigorously
peer-reviewed full-length papers reporting on original work. Accepted
papers will be published in a hard-bound archival proceedings, and the best
will be presented orally to the entire conference. Papers must be submitted by the dates and in the formats specified below.
Papers that address the issue of integrating data from different domains will be given preference
in this session, including
- integration of genomic data encompassing chromosomal locations (SNPs), transcripts (microarrays), epigenetic modifications (ChIP-chip and ChIP-seq), miRNA and targets (miRNA arrays, microarrays, and computational predictions), proteins and isoforms (MS and protein arrays), protein structural data, and pathways; and
- integration of phenotypic data, including treatment response measures, relationships of phenotypes across organisms, and relationships of anatomic features across organisms.
Paper submissions due: July 14, 2008
Notification of paper acceptance: September 8, 2008
Final paper deadline: September 22, 2008
Meeting: January 5-9, 2009
Papers must be submitted to the PSB 2009 paper management system at
Please click the "Not a user? Create an account with this site" link to create an author account and upload your paper.
All papers must be submitted in electronic format to the paper management system.
The file formats we accept are: postscript (*.ps) and Adobe
Attached files should
be named with the last name of the first author (e.g. altman.ps or altman.pdf). Hardcopy submissions or unprocessed TEX or LATEX files or
electronic submissions not submitted through the paper management system will
be rejected without review.
Each paper must be accompanied by a cover letter. The cover letter must
state explicitly the following:
- The email address of the corresponding author.
- The specific PSB session that should review the paper or abstract.
- The submitted paper contains original, unpublished results, and is not
currently under consideration elsewhere.
- All co-authors concur with the contents of the paper.
Submitted papers are limited to twelve (12) pages in our publication format.
Please format and submit your paper according to instructions found at
If figures can not be easily
resized and placed precisely in the text, then it should be clear that with
appropriate modifications, the total manuscript length would be within the
Color pictures can be printed at the expense of the authors. The fee is
$500 per page of color pictures, payable at the time of camera ready
For additional information, contact